Energy Star qualified homes meet constructions guidelines and have energy saving features which make them 15-30% more efficient than standard homes, increases sustainability and lowers the energy demand. This saves home owners money, particularly in heating and cooling costs as well as reducing the effects of smog, acid rain, and pollution which are caused by burning of fossil fuels. Look for the energy star products with companies such as Lone-Star Roof Systems to build your new energy efficient home and when looking to upgrade an existing home.
Features of Energy Star Homes
- New homes can meet energy efficiency guidelines with proper installation of insulation in floors, walls, and attics. This helps maintain an even temperature throughout the house and reduce energy use.
- Existing Homes can be retrofitted with insulation or radiant barrier products to improve energy efficiency. Common insulation for existing homes is insulation in the attic which can be blown or rolled and helps cooled or warm air from escaping. Another option is radiant barrier in place of standard insulation. This protects your home from radiant heat transfer and has several advantages over insulation.
- Blocks 97% of radiant heat transfer
- Increases value of home
- Class A/Class 1 fire rating (self extinguishes)
- Moisture proof and rodent resistant
Inquire about Energy Q Radiant Barrier installation with your local Lone-Star Roof Systems representative.
High Performance Windows
- New and existing homes can be fitted with energy efficient and sustainable windows and doors that help keep heat in during winter and out during summer.
- Warm edge spacer to insulate and reduce natural heat transfer
- Pinch fusion welded frames to increase durability and sustainability
- Low-ESC (solar cooling) coating is optimized for warm climates and blocks 73% of radiant heat from the sun
Companies such as Mastic Home Exteriors make windows with these key features to improve the energy efficiency of your home.
Inquire about Mastic Replacement Windows with your local Lone-Star Roof Systems office representative.
Contact Lone-Star Roof Systems, LLC. at one of our 3 offices today!
Mailing Address for All Offices
1511 South Texas Avenue, #172
College Station, TX 77840
College Station Office
722 Peach Creek Cut Off, Ste. 100
College Station, TX 77845
5040 Grisham Dr., Suite 103
Rowlett, TX 75088
15219 Stuebner Airline, #12
Houston, TX 77069